S

Yummy and healthy tofu scramble!

I thought I'd jump on the train and share this healthy meal I made for dinner last night. It was SO EASY and really delicious. I just sliced half an onion, chopped up a bunch of brussels sprouts and mushrooms. Then I sautéed the veggies in a bit of olive oil, for just a few minutes, added the crumbled tofu and spices (I used turmeric, curry powder, garlic powder, and just a pinch of cayenne for some heat). Sauteed the mixture for a couple more minutes to heat the tofu and added some spinach at the end just until it wilted.

All in all it took me just about 30 minutes, including the chopping of veggies (which I'm pretty slow at).

A note about tofu for those who don't typically cook with it: I highly recommend pressing the tofu first. This step removes excess liquid and better allows the tofu to absorb the spices/sauces you cook it in. I have a tofu press (bought on amazon) which was super cheap, but you can easily make due with stuff at home. Just place the tofu between a couple of paper towels on a plate. Set another plate on top of the tofu and put something heavy-ish on top of the top plate (a couple of cans of beans or a carton of broth, etc). Then leave it for 15 or more minutes. I put my tofu in the press before chopping my veggies and it was good to go as soon as it came time to use it.