M

Hip flexor pain (help) / Advice for anyone that wants to keep moving

Ok, so for the past 3 weeks, I’ve been stuck in exams, and during that time i’ve only workout about 4 times, but during that time (btw, I’ve had time to workout everyday, but I fell prey to my procrastination and the vicious cycle of ‘work -> stop working -> thinking about how guilty I am cause I should be working’) I’ve learned how stay active by getting up every 30 or 45 or 60 mins to do some light activity or getting a bit “expressive” with my stress by making up kickboxing combos or even some bad dancing will cheer me up big time (this advice is for people who are genuinely in a tight spot or who are struggling with too much stress to stick to a workout schedule, otherwise you should try your best to adhere to getting a workout complete everyday)

Alright now about my hip flexor:

Nearing the final nights before each exam, I’d be sitting down for long periods with my legs crossed and I’d rest my left elbow on my left thigh, so today is my last exam night, but when I woke up this morning, my hip flexor would hurt every time I’d try to lift my thigh throughout its normal range of motion, the pain start around 30 degrees

This is definitely because of my sudden bouts of exercise with a muscle that probably overly stretched and a lack of warm up (SO DO YOUR WARM UPS) and also I should get used to using a desk for studying, because sitting cross legged on what mostly comparable to a bean bag will only lead to suffering. (LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES)

Now, does anyone know if this pain will last or if it’ll go away quickly and how going back to doing workouts?

Thanks for sticking around to read all of this :)