Miracle Morning

Hi all!

I've been doing FB workouts off and on for the past 2 years. And although this is my first post I've always enjoyed reading in this forum. You guys truly are an incredibly supportive and motivating community! So supportive that I have finally gathered enough courage to share something myself.

The past year has been really difficult for me in several ways. My boyfriend is still recovering from a severe burnout. And because I was doing a job that cost me more energy than I got out of it I nearly stumbled in one myself. Luckily, I could get back to work after a couple weeks. After a while it was also possible to change my job description to something that suits me better. However, the rest of the year I have continued to struggle with my energy level and mental wellbeing. It seems that once you’ve hit a wall there’s no way you can go back to being the person you were before. But that’s probably a good thing since that person ran straight into a wall in the first place. So it has been a rollercoaster of self-discovery and personal development, with ups and downs along the way. I am trying to figure out a sustainable way of life that lets me be there for my loved ones, go to work, study for another degree and still be as fit and healthy as I possibly can.

I’m still not there but I’ve come a long way and have learned a lot. Prioritizing exercise is one of the things that has had a major impact on my wellbeing, because it’s the most effective anti-stress tool for me. Therefore, a big thank you to Kelli and Daniel for creating all these wonderful workouts and programs! There’s absolutely no way I would be exercising as much as I do now without FB. I never thought I would enjoy jumping around and lifting heavy weights :D And thank you for always being transparent and honest about how you’re feeling, you’re a huge inspiration!

Even though I enjoy it, I do have problems with staying consistent. I usually work out for 2 or 3 months, and then life finds a way to mess up my routine. Once I’ve fallen off the wagon, I have a lot of issues finding the motivation to start exercising on a regular basis again.

But now I got some new inspiration to avoid this. I just finished reading “Miracle Morning” from Hal Elrod and I have started the 30 day challenge. The book describes the ultimate morning routine to start your day in the best way possible and guess what, this includes exercising! I’ve been doing this for a couple days now, doing either a yoga video (with Adriene of course ;) ) or a FB workout for the exercise part and I have so much more energy in the mornings, even though I get up sooner! Who would have thought I would ever become a morning person? Of course I still have several weeks to go before it becomes a habit but I am determined to get there, no matter how many times I curse myself when my alarm goes off in the morning! I was wondering if any of you have read this book and are applying it? And if it has worked for you?

Oops, this has turned out to be quite a long post. Thanks for reading if you’ve made it to the end :)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Jolien