Daily Check-in: Fitness Friday, January 4th

I have a new goal for 2019: get super muscular arms so I can dress up as Buff Elsa for next Halloween. (And be honest, did you sing that?⬆️⬆️😆)

Hello Blenders, and Happy Friday (or Saturday already for some of you)!

How are you doing today? Feeling good?

I certainly hope so!

Are you guys excited for K & D's new Program coming out this Sunday, AND a new workout video on Monday?! I mean, they're really spoiling us with this two-fer! (Also, here's the link to their post in case you missed it: https://www.fitnessblender.com/community/discussion/10133/new-workout-videos-program-release-date )

I'm so pumped to see Kelli and Daniel filming again! It's awesome! Thanks again K & D and the entire FB Team for everything you guys do for us!

Alright! Let's talk about today, and what's happenin in the Blender-verse!

Are you guys working out today, or is it a rest day for you?

I'm getting my #WorkoutCompleteForK&D with a mass building lower body workout. It's officially my last day of Strong and my Strong/Abs 2 rotation! Whoo hoo! I've thoroughly enjoyed this combo, and highly recommend it if you're looking for a good mix of strength, core, and cardio work!

And now next week, I plan on doing the FB 5 Day Challenge to Burn Fat & Build Lean Muscle--and I saw several of you would like to join in, so let's do this! On Monday, January 7th, we'll start with this video:

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/day-1-fitness-blenders-5-day-workout-challenge-to-burn-fat-and-build-lean-muscle

(I also am planning on seeing if I can fit in K & D's newest video that'll be released on Monday--depending on what kind of workout it is!)

So if you wanna join in throughout the week, you can see the list of all 5 Days of workouts in the description under the video of Day 1. This is just a casual thing of a bunch of Blenders sweatin' it out together, so no pressure here! If you wanna join in, take it at your own pace, and come workout with us!

And now, let's talk about the food! What kind of #eatrealfood do you guys have goin on today?

I'm going to make a stroganoff with venison, mushrooms, and Greek yogurt--with broccoli on the side. I'm so hungry for it already!

What about you guys? What's on the menu for today?

Ok, so now, let's get to our Fitness Friday question!

Since it's just past the New Year, you find there's a new interest for people in fitness--which is great! But you often find a lot of myths, inaccuracies, and overall confusing information when it comes to health, wellness, and fitness. So as a way to maybe help out some new members, I thought we could discuss some of these!

So Blenders, what are some fitness myths that bother you? Or maybe you fell prey to when you were starting? Or that maybe you'd like to just prevent someone else from following misinformation?

For me, (and this is probably not news to most of you lol) it's the bulkiness thing. That women get bulky from weightlifting in particular. NO. You don't pick up a weight and immediately become She-Hulk! It doesn't work that way! You build muscle, sure, you change your body size, also sure--but you will not turn into a massive bodybuilder unless you are specifically training and eating/altering your nutrition to be one. (Also bodybuilders work very hard to get where they are, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with being/looking like one.) So please, do not be afraid of the weights! Do not be afraid of gaining muscle! There's so many benefits to strength training: increased muscle mass in your body will help increase your metabolism, it helps to keep your joints more protected and stable by strengthening the muscles surrounding them, it helps improve your bone density--and hell, we'll even go superficial about it, strength training is one of the most effective ways to change the overall shape of your body (i.e. the "legendary squat booty" that seems so popular right now. haha, JK though, your butt is fine how it is! Don't compare your butt to other butts! There is no wrong way to have a butt! 😆)

Ok, and with that: This rant is complete!

So Blenders, what kind of misinformation would you like your Fellow New Blenders to avoid? What tips do you have for them on getting started the right way?

As always, I really look forward to your responses! You guys are amazing and have the best insights! So thank you in advance!

And with that, I think I've went well beyond my "Rambling Quota" for the day!

I hope you all have a fantastic day, and thanks so much for checking in with me!

Keep on, keepin' on, and keep it strong, Fellow Blenders!