J

Substitutes - Update

Thank you so much for all the great feedback/advice on my prior post on substituting exercises. I wanted to update you guys. Thanks to your motivation (and a lot of internal dialog on WHY I didn't want to do it) I completed the following Extra Credit:

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/quick-but-brutal-hiit-workout-15-minute-brutal-tabata

It was brutal! haha So, my lesson was that it was hard...and it was designed to be hard!!! I really think it's awesome that Daniel and Kelli keep it real in that these are supposed to push you to your limits and when I see them huffing/puffin/taking some extra breaks/modifying it shows that it's for any level (theirs is a pretty high level!!!). I tend to be a perfectionist so when I don't do every exercise perfectly (like jumping super high in star jumps and never modifying) I get down on myself. Well...not this time! I was proud of myself to pushing to my limits (in a safe way of course) and while I won't add this to my favorites, I wont' skip it either. I learned they (Kelli/Daniel) are better than me (duh!) at getting me to try things that are outside my comfort zone and I really enjoy the feeling (AFTER!). THANK YOU Fitness blender and fellow Blenders for pushing me.

-Jen