C

A sad and happy post.

Hello again, FB family, and happy new year!

There’s so much I’ve wanted to share with y’all... I don’t know where to start. I’ve been trying to make a post, but I honestly haven't had the motivation to do so; or I can’t figue out what all to say. I had wanted to make a post about my scenic challenge complete, and to congratulate everyone but I wasn’t able to get to it. These past 2, almost 3 weeks have been a complete whirlwind and emotional rollercoaster. It’s felt so long and so fast all at once. I guess I’ll start with the sad part first.

My Granddad on my Mom’s side passed away on December 21st. He was the first of our grandparents to go. He had Parkinson’s disease for quite a long time, but right around the time we were doing our scenic challenge, he fell and broke three ribs and a vertebrae. He went from bad to worse in less than a week, and from hospital to hospice in about 3 days. It was really overwhelming how fast everything was happening, and especially for my Mom. Her brother, who lives in the same city as my Granddad told us that he said he wasn’t sure what was going to happen, but that if we were going to come we had better come sooner than later. (That was Monday, the day I finished our challenge.) So Tuesday we rushed getting everything done as quickly as possible, packed our bags, and left Wednesday. (Dec. 19th) Our Uncle kept us updated on how he was doing, and us to him on where we were on the road. He was getting worse, but we just kept praying that if it was his time to die; the Lord would keep him alive long enough for us to see him once more. We made it there safely, and got to be with him, and tell him we were there and that we loved him. Our Aunt and Uncle were there too, and we all cried, visited, and laughed about good old memories together. He couldn’t open his eyes or talk, but he would make sounds and move a little. I’m sure he could hear us, and knew we were there for him. I’m so thankful we made it in time, and that we could see him one last time. My parents went to see him the next day for awhile, and then my Mom and her brother went to spend the evening with him. I was happy they could have that time together, as sister and brother with their dad. (Dec 20th.) He died early the next morning.

The next few days were very full and tiring, but sweet, too. There were so many sweet people that brought food and flowers. Our cousins came in town, and we loved seeing and spending time with them again. We got to be with family, meet extended family, meet our parents old friends, etc. Lots of tears and laughter were shared.

His funeral was Dec. 24th, and we got to sing a hymn that we had sung to him the night we came. Our cousin sang one too, and I thought that was special that we could do that for him at his funeral.

So that’s what’s been going on with me lately. Sorry for the sad news to start off the new year, but y’all feel like family; so I just felt like sharing.

And I guess the positive thing that has happened recently, is that I started Reach with my Mom and older sister yesterday! I think that was a good start to the new year, and a good way to ease them into the workouts, as well as myself after the past couple weeks. Even though it was burning a bit in the muscles, we all agreed that something about being able to just lay there, and be outside in the sunshine made it feel really nice and relaxing. It felt really good, so thank you Daniel and Kelli for this helpful program. It just seemed like perfect timing after all that’s gone on. I think we’ll really enjoy it.

So the end of the year brought an ending, and the new year a beginning. (Hopefully a beginning that will last for my mom and sister!)

And I guess I’ll just enter what I had written in my notes for the scenic challenge, if y’all don’t mind. I wrote some things I wanted to say and they’re still relevant. Maybe I’ll share a scenic photo with y’all soon.🙂

————

#ScenicFBChallengeComplete!

Congratulations to everyone who completed the challenge! Thank you to all of my fellow blenders for making that #CommunityChallenge such a fun, exciting, and enjoyable experience! I was nervous about doing it at first, but everyone’s words of support and encouragement, and interest and excitement to be apart of it; made me excited, and want do a good job for everyone! I’m so happy we could do this together, and that y’all enjoyed it! I really enjoyed it too, but especially because I could do it with y’all! I’m so proud of each and everyone of you!

And of course, I would like to thank Kelli and Daniel for Fitness Blender. Thank you for honestly caring, and wanting to help others be healthy and fit; and for your genuine, honest, straight forward way of training and teaching. Thank you for this awesome website, with such amazing content and for all of your hard work creating it! And thank you for creating a place like this, where people from all over the world can come and share their thoughts, struggles, achievements, tips, advice, recipes, pictures, funny stories, laughter, ask questions... and learn things, be encouraged, motivated, and inspired! Everyone makes you feel welcome and loved, and like you are someone important and wanted! I feel so blessed and humbled to have found this community, and to be able to be apart of it. I can’t express my appreciation for y’all, and for all you’ve done for me! I love you, and the FB family!💙

————

I hope everyone else enjoyed their holidays! Other than our Grandpas passing, we had a really nice and special time seeing our family. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and sorry it’s so long!

Love, Callie😘🤗

Edited