I am a hypocrite :(

It's been one year since I swapped purposeful weight loss for intuitive eating. I learned a lot about myself, my eating habits, emotional eating, being okay with being hungry, being okay with being full, what foods I liked and didn't like. That I could keep treats in the house and not eat them all in a sitting, that food has no power over me/ food can also be enjoyed, it isn't just fuel.

I recommend it to basically everyone and I do feel like a giant hypocrite saying this, but I believe in personal agency as well as transparency.

I started IE at 270lbs, after having my second child. I am now 307, my start weight before diets was 310lbs. I've been near 305-310 since April of 2018. I do not think my body would go any higher. Due to homeostasis (the bodies desire to have an equal balance between calories expended and calories taken in) I just don't think I will keep gaining if I kept everything as is currently.

I think fat acceptance is still so so so important. EVERY SINGLE DAMN PERSON, fat, thin, disabled, POC, etc should be treated with respect and like a human rather then their biggest descriptor. I am not strong enough to remain in my currently fat body, nor will I coopt the FA movement past this caveat.

I know first hand how horrible diets can be and also how easy it is to regain weight. I also know everything I did to lose weight the first time were all things I could never keep up, they both burnt me out (clean eating, VLCD + over exercising/ ONLY high impact movement.)

I am attempting LASTING weight loss one last time. I do not have a goal weight, or length of time. I am focusing on habits that I can keep up forever (moderate exercise, listening to my body, never starving, being more active past working out - daily walks, etc.) I'm not clean eating or never eating treats. Mostly eating foods that I have learned make me feel good, while also having treats.

My plan is to take everything I have learned in the last 4 years and just show up for myself. I found this quote on Insta by Ebonee Davis (twitter repost I think) and it is basically my vibe for ALL of 2019, not just WL.

"All my dreams are possible with discipline and accountability. Discipline is a byproduct of self love. Loving myself means aligning my choices with my goals. My external relationships mirror those I have with myself. I am worthy of receiving the love I so readily give."

Anyway, again, totally believe in personal agency and doing what is right for you at the time. Just wanted to tell someone.