- Did you use one of our programs or put together your own using our videos?
I started off with the 100 Squat Challenge because it was such a viral thing on Instagram to be doing some sort of workout challenge for 30 days. From there, I discovered the 10min ab videos, then I moved on to 15min cardio and eventually started doing HIIT workouts. I have my own routine so I put my own videos together, but recently I tried some of the 5 Day Challenge series and they're so awesome!
- How long did it take you to reach the point where you’re at now (when did you start?)
I started doing FitnessBlender religiously in March of 2013; it took me about 6 months to notice a real, proper transformation.
- What made you decide to start working out?
I've always been quite lean, so it wasn't so much about losing weight. I've definitely lost a lot of my "baby fat" but I really wanted to get toned and strong, plus I need a ton of stamina to get me through my work day/night!
- Do you have any favorite Fitness Blender workouts?
Completing the "45 Min HIIT Cardio and Abs Workout" was definitely a milestone for me. The jump knee tucks are a sure fire way to test your mental and physical endurance! I love all the HIIT workouts that combine a body part specific element like "HIIT Cardio + Abs" and I still do the "100 Squat Challenge", part one and two!
- Hardest Fitness Blender workout you’ve tried
The 'Brutal HIIT Ladder Workout" was particularly insane after a 30min run.
- Average difficulty of FB workouts you do (out of the 1-5 scale)
- What’s your favorite training style?
I love Tabata style workouts. I'm actually a Nike Training Club trainer now and my go to workout format is the Tabata style.
- How many days a week do you exercise, length of workouts on average?
I work out 5-6 days a week, each session varying from 30mins to an hour maximum. I do a combination of FitnessBlender, Yoga and gym sessions to do weights.
- Favorite healthy snack or meal?
My go to low carb meal is a bowl full or organic baby spinach, a soft boiled egg, two scoops of tuna or chicken breast and a diced apple. We Asians love our rice and noodles, so I usually try to limit that to just one meal a day and in smaller portions.
- Best tip that you would give to someone just starting to workout
Don't ever work out on an empty stomach and don't skip meals!
- Favorite fitness quote
"Train insane or remain the same".
- Something that you have gained from committing to healthy eating and exercise?
I used to be quite sickly and always tired. Given the nature of my job (I'm a musician), I don't get to sleep early and there are many days where I'm out and about for 15 hours straight. Ever since I started working out, I've been so energetic and incredibly healthy. It also helps with my stamina onstage; singing, playing the guitar while jumping around headbanging is like doing cardio!
- Something that you can do now that you couldn’t do before (a stretch, increased weight lifted, running a mile, etc, etc)
I recently ran my first 10km race and I can do about 15 guy push-ups without stopping. Training to do pull-ups now!
Thank you so much for all the encouragement, you guys have no idea how many lives you're changing and people you're helping.