- Meal Type: Dinner
- Dietary Type: Omnivore
Dietary Type: Omnivore
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
If you're a fan of takeout, but you're looking to mix it up with a little bit of home cooking, this is the perfect recipe for you.
The curry peanut sauce plays two roles in this recipe. One, as the marinade for the chicken, and, second, as the sauce for the noodles. There are ample amounts of vegetables: broccoli, carrots, snow peas, and tomatoes, for a much more nutritionally-rounded meal.
We’d love to hear what you thought about this recipes (and see some great pics!), so let us know how it turned out.
2 (1 lb. or ~450 g) large chicken breasts
4 teaspoons (20 ml) extra virgin olive oil, divided
2 (6 g) garlic cloves, peeled and minced
2 teaspoons (6 g) ginger, peeled and minced
1/4 cup (~50 g) red onion, peeled and sliced
8 oz. (~230 g) broccoli florets
2 (200 g) carrots, peeled and diced
8 oz. (~230 g) snow peas
1 cup (150 g) cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
1lb. (~450 g) spaghetti or vermicelli noodles, cooked according to the instructions on the package
1 lime, cut into wedges (optional)
Curry Peanut Sauce:
3 tablespoons (45 ml) creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup (120 ml) coconut milk
2 tablespoons (30 ml) soy sauce
1 teaspoon (5 ml) fish sauce
2 teaspoons (4 g) curry powder
Hacking this Recipe: The peanut sauce can be made several days (2-3) ahead, and the chicken can marinate overnight, if you need a little extra time. Feel free to use frozen veggies to save on prep; just be sure to thaw them before adding them to the skillet to stir fry. Do you have any pro tips for modifications to this recipe? If so, let us know in the comments below, or on the Community page.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce, fish sauce, and curry powder. Whisk to combine the marinade/sauce.
- Slice chicken breasts in half, length-wise, creating 4 thin cutlets. Place chicken in a sealable container or zipper bag, pour in half of the marinade, seal, and shake to coat. Refrigerate until ready to cook (30 minutes, up to overnight).
- Cook pasta according to the instructions on the package. Drain and toss with small amount of oil to prevent it from sticking.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken and cook, flipping halfway through, for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from the skillet and set aside to rest.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat (add in a little more olive oil if necessary, about 1-2 teaspoons or 5-10 ml). Once hot, add garlic, ginger, and onions, cook until fragrant and tender, about 2 minutes. Then add broccoli, carrots, peas, and tomatoes.
- Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the veggies are slightly tender, 5-6 minutes.
- Add noodles and remaining marinade/sauce to the skillet and toss to coat. Continue to cook until heated through, about 1-2 minutes more.
- Slice chicken into strips and serve along side or on top of the noodles. Serve with a little lime (optional) for squeezing on top.
Vegetarian and Vegan Modifications: Tofu is absolutely delicious as a substitution for the chicken in this recipe. Remove the fish sauce all together or substitute with a vegan Worcestershire option.
Gluten-Free Modifications: Gluten-free rice noodles are a great substitution for the traditional noodles in this recipe. Also, coconut aminos or tamari soy sauce works as a great option to replace the soy sauce (which is not gluten-free).