- Meal Type: Snack, Breakfast
- Dietary Type: Vegetarian
Meal: Breakfast or Snack
Dietary Type: Vegetarian
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Baking has just been made easier! Easier on your time and with much easier cleanup. We love these one-bowl muffins (named for only needing one bowl to mix them). Ripe bananas and a little touch of honey sweetness replace the standard granulated sugar. Combine that with a little greek yogurt (for moisture) and whole wheat flour, and you’re well on your way to delicious tasting, guilt-free breakfast.
You can easily make these muffins a couple days ahead of time. If you bake them on a Sunday, for example, they’ll supply you with a few days of satisfying prep-free breakfast options.
3 each ripe bananas
1/4 cup (60 ml) honey
2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
1/2 cup (118 ml) plain non-fat greek yogurt
1 1/2 cups (180 g) whole wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon (4 g) baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 cup (90 g) dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup (65 g) walnuts or pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Peel bananas and place in a large bowl. Using a whisk, mash the bananas in small chunks.
- Add honey, egg, olive oil, and yogurt and whisk to combine.
- Add pastry flour, baking soda, and salt, and whisk to combine the batter.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Line a muffin pan with paper muffin cups and lightly grease with pan release spray. Spoon batter into the cups, filling them 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake muffins for 30-45 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Let cool before serving.
Vegetarian and Vegan Modifications: N/A
Gluten Free Modifications: Substitute combination of almond and coconut flour (3/4 cups of each) for the flour in this recipe.