How to Get Rid of Cellulite - The Only Real Ways to Reduce Cellulite

Well over 90% of women have cellulite; despite the vast majority of us having it, everyone wants to get rid of it! The good news is, there are ways to reduce or get rid of cellulite. The other good news is that since most of the female population has it, we can and should officially stop obsessing about this minor skin imperfection that has little to nothing to do with how fit or healthy your body is.

What is cellulite?
Cellulite occurs when fat deposits push through the connective tissue in the subcutaneous skin layer. Women are predisposed because of the way that the connective tissue runs vertically, connecting the skin to the muscle (men on the other hand, have a sort of crisscross pattern that makes cellulite less likely). Genetics, hormones, and habits all play a role as well.

How can I get rid of cellulite?
You can get rid of or reduce cellulite by working out, eating right, and taking care of your body. It's important to realize though, that the appearance of cellulite doesn't mean that you are overweight, "flabby" or fat, or that you don't take care of your body. Because some of the factors are out of our control (genetics, for example), it's important to not be too hard on yourself when it comes to something as annoying but harmless as cellulite.

With that said, here's the rundown on how to get rid of cellulite (or at least make it less noticeable)
- Strength train, not just for your "trouble zones" but for your entire body
- Do cardio; a balance of HIIT, endurance, and low impact cardio will improve circulation & overall health
- Eat clean; avoid processed foods, and build your diet around veggies, fruits, whole grains, lean proteins
- Maintain a healthy bodyweight (the three points above can help you do that)
- Drink lots of water
- Don't smoke; not only is it nasty for your health, it takes a toll on these superficial things as well
- Massage your body to help improve circulation

Realize that it's a common issue that makes no difference in how healthy you are (aka, to some extent; get over it!)
Cellulite is looked at as this dreadful skin imperfection that we're encouraged to feel ashamed about, when in reality, over 90% of women have cellulite somewhere on their bodies. There are definitely things that you can do to help reduce or even get rid of cellulite, but if you're at a healthy bodyweight and you've mastered the habit of eating clean most of the time and exercising on a regular basis, don't fret over these small details and skin imperfections. Don't let the never-ending stream of Photoshopped images convince you that you're the only one that has cellulite; there's over a 90% chance that the person in that "perfect", retouched image also has cellulite, no matter their weight or fitness level!

Comments

Myrsini

11/30/16 9:26pm

Thank you for this. I enjoyed every moment. Very informative and gives me more confidence to keep pushing forward and not feel so trapped in my skin. Thank you

melisap

11/07/16 8:34pm

I have not met ONE single woman without cellulite, even my skinniest friends admit to having some. I think we shouldn't even see it as a defect. All women have eyes, all women have cellulite. That been said, I have naturally round buttocks, but if I don't workout, they start getting quite un- shapely, with a lot of cellulite. The best way I have found to dramatically reduce my cellulite (almost to zero) and have a really nice, round and firm butt: fitness blender workouts. :) eating healthy too, but seriously I've worked out for years and it wasn't until I found you guys that I was satisfied with my butt. I still have cellulite but now you can barely see it and I believe it's part of being a girl so it doesn't bother me.

chanslit

09/25/16 10:29pm

can you link to data that you're talking about. I suffer from cellulite.

ashtongrey807

09/02/16 11:21pm

Great article. Covering almost every information about cellulite and remedies for it. But I want to add that it can also be treated with a pensida cellulite cream like the one containing caffeine. Yes, it is a natural thing and there is no need to feel ashamed. It is perfectly normal to have cellulite.

crocodile

08/05/16 5:21am

It´s funny how things go...I stumbled across fitnessblender some 3 and a half years ago, looking for something to fight my cellulite... It is still there, but my legs and whole body have changed and most of the time i am much more confident. I can´t believe how strong i´ve gotten...what made me huff and puff back then is only a fraction of what i am capable off now. THANK YOU for being soo supportive, authentic and honest..P.S. thank´s to you i stared wearing shorts in public again, being proud of the shape not caring about those little dents :)

10/29/15 5:36pm

I love you guys :') It's so nice that you actually recognize that its a natural thing for women to have! Not many fitness professionals will tell people that.
Srsly, I'm blessed to have encountered this blog, it's made such a huge difference in my life, thank you for all this.

You are the cuttest couple on youtube haha!

melisa.puga.3

10/23/15 12:12pm

I've always had cellullite, I don't like it but I don't stress over it. That been said, I have noticed it has reduced significantly with your workouts. I first noticed it after working out with you, picking videos on my own. For several reasons I became less constant and gained all the cellullite back (and a little more, since I gained weight), but I just finished week four of FB30 (round 2), and one of the main changes I've seen is that my cellullite is nearly gone (as well as all the extra weight, which wasn't a looot, but it was there). Also, my legs look way more toned, I lost the - admittedly small- love handles I was developing on my waist, and I gained a lot of strength and control over my body. So, to sum it up: Thank you :)

10/02/15 4:05pm

07/26/15 4:05am

maryartist2012

07/10/15 9:01pm

You guys are the best! You are so encouraging and positive.

nikkan18

06/28/15 7:04pm

Do you have any thoughts regarding spider veins and exercising supporting / diminishing it?

Chloe1318

06/08/15 10:40am

I have never been bigger than a UK size 6 and I have cellulite on my thighs, and stretch marks on my hips which always bothered me because I didn't know what it was or why it was there, but this helped a lot, at least I know what I can do now, and that I'm not on my own :) thanks guys xx

lisa_unger

03/18/15 6:31am

You guys always cheer me up and make me feel motivated to exercise or cook something yummy or do something productive! Thanks so much :)

Yasmeen

03/04/15 3:07pm

is it true that some work outs increase cellulite ??????

sammcalpin

02/11/15 9:05pm

You guys are fantastic! Loving the 5day workout challenge! I love the banter btwn the both of you. Seem like a kind, genuine, honest team. Thanks so much!

jasonsdragon

02/04/15 1:26pm

THANK YOU! I have been a critical care RN for over 25 years. I just found your website. I am 57 years young and strenth train with ketlebells and walk 6 days a week both activities for about 45 to 60 minutes each day. I also work and manage a household and have 3 young adult/teen children that live at home and attend college/in military. The above article is true and honest. young girls look at the GREATLY RETOUCHED magazine photos or Hollywood crowd abd believe that that is HOW you are suppose to look. THAT is absolute nonsense and unhealthy not only for their bodies but also for there minds. THANK you for your reasonable, honest and true statements. I believe EVERY single person should read this article it could save a life......

mrsk2006

09/17/14 2:54pm

your brain doesn't know the difference to being hungry and thirsty, try drinking a glass of water or juice 20 minutes before you eat. you may find you're not as hungry as you thought you were. I over eat because I eat too quickly the brain takes 20 minutes to realize you are full so try and portion out your meal and make it last at least 20 minutes. when i actually take my time, i eat far less.