Low calorie, healthy snack ideas are a great way to use your munchies to your advantage when you’re trying to drop weight.
Eating frequently throughout the day keeps your metabolism stoked and your hunger from getting out of hand (which can lead to overeating). These snacks under 100 calories are healthy, satisfying, and they wont derail your diet.
Nutritious options under 100 calories
1. 1 Medium orange (60 calories), 1 piece Dove dark chocolate “Promises” (35); These 2 are a powerhouse of antioxidants; plus, you get to eat chocolate!
2. ½ Apple (40), ½ Banana (50); Slice these two delicious fruits up together to make a mini fruit salad that makes for a satisfying option that’s full of fiber and vitamins. Sprinkle a little metabolism boosting cinnamon on top if you want more flavor.
3. 1 Medium red bell pepper (40), 2 Tablespoons hummus (50); Slice up your bell pepper and enjoy this colorful treat guilt free.
4. ½ Cup Plain yogurt (60), 6 large strawberries (36); With this you get a healthy serving of digestive-friendly probiotics and calcium from the yogurt and antioxidants and fiber from the berries.
5. ¾ Tablespoons peanut butter (75), 2 Large stalks of celery (20); The celery makes for a satisfying “crunch” and the fat and protein in the peanut butter will help you feel full longer.
6. 7 Almonds (50), 1 kiwi (50); The best low calorie snacks are the ones that provide a good balance of fats, proteins and carbs; this one is perfect.
7. 1 Cup of almost any raw fruit or vegetable (100); almost all fruits and veggies are under 100 cals per cup, some of them are much less. Raw fruits and veggies are ideal options, reach for these whenever possible.
8. ½ Cup Oatmeal (80cals), ¼ cup blueberries (20 cals); Fiber, manganese, and vitamin C – this mini-meal has it all.
9. 3 Cups air popped popcorn (90); This is an especially good option if you feel like you’ve been hit with the “munchies”, but with less than 100 calories, you don’t have to blow your diet to satisfy your craving.
10. 1 Ounce mozzarella cheese (70), 1 medium tomato (25); Slice up a fresh tomato and enjoy a serving of skim mozzarella cheese for a healthy snack that doesn't derail the diet.
Still hungry after just 100 calories? Maybe you should bump it up to a 200 calorie mini meal