- Meal Type: Dinner
- Dietary Type: Omnivore
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serves: 4
Dietary Type: Omnivore (Pescatarian)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Grilled, lightly seasoned salmon is topped in a fresh and flavorful garlicky, basil yogurt sauce. The tasty sauce is made by blending fresh basil leaves, garlic, and plain Greek yogurt. The tomato rice is a simple side dish made by simmering rice in a tomato sauce and broth mixture until tender and saucy (almost risotto-like). Fresh baby spinach leaves add some vibrant texture to this dish, softening slightly from the residual heat of the salmon and rice.
Hacking this Recipe: We love this basil yogurt sauce and frequently double this recipe to keep some extra on hand for dressing salads, sandwiches, or any other dishes we feel need a little something extra. Feel free to make this sauce ahead of time, 1-2 days, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Did you know that with FB Plus, we have additional search/filter options for recipes AND the ability to "favorite" the recipes you like the most? You can check out everything FB Plus has to offer with a 7-day free trial.
1 cup (170 g) brown rice
1 cup (237 ml) tomato sauce
2 cups (474 ml) vegetable or chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon (2 g) salt
7 oz (200 g) plain greek yogurt
2 each (6 g) garlic cloves, peeled
1/2 cup (8 g) fresh basil leaves
2 teaspoons (10 g) water or broth
4 each 6 oz (740 g) salmon fillets
1/2 teaspoon (2 g) salt
1/4 teaspoon (.75 g) cracked black pepper
pan release spray
5 oz (142 g) baby spinach
- Rinse rice with cool water and place in a medium saucepan. Add the tomato sauce, broth, and salt to the saucepan, stir to combine, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 30-35 minutes, stirring frequently, or until the rice is tender and a little saucy.
- While the rice is cooking, place yogurt, garlic, basil, and broth in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until smooth and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Preheat a gas grill to medium-high heat or prep charcoals for a charcoal grill.
- Pat salmon dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Gently spray both sides of the salmon with pan release spray to keep the salmon from sticking to the grill.
- Once the grill is hot, add salmon and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
- Divide rice between plates and top with spinach, add salmon and spoon sauce over top.
Vegetarian and Vegan Modifications: N/A
Gluten-Free Modifications: N/A