Flat Belly Workout – Abs and Obliques Workout
Our Flat Belly Workout combines a wide variety of core moves to help you get a washboard stomach quick. You don’t need a single piece of equipment to do this routine.
• 8 Exercises
• 50 Seconds per exercise, with 10 seconds rest in between
• 22 Minutes total
• 2 Rounds
Ab & Oblique Exercises in this routine
• Side Hip Raises – You will feel this obliques exercise along the sides of your body, from about the middle of your ribcage to your hip bone. You can make this one harder than is shown in the video by doing the raises from your stacked feet, instead of your knees. Remember to keep a straight line in your body, from shoulder to knees (or feet if you choose to do the harder version).
• W Leg Kicks – This move is awesome for toning both thighs and lower abdominals. Lie on your back with your legs extended and use your feet to draw a “W” shape.
• Plank Knee Tucks – A plank variation like this is truly a total body exercise. Your transverse abdominals will be engaged, your upper body and shoulders must work to provide you stability, and your obliques are especially taxed when you rotate your body and bring your knee up to your opposite elbow.
• Windmill Jackknife Crunches – Both upper and lower abominals are engaged for this one, and your thighs will also garner some toning benefits from this one. Focus on keeping your core tight the entire time, not relaxing completely until your last repetition.
• Crab Kicks – Lower back, glutes, obliques, hamstrings, and shoulders are the prime target of this movement. To get the most benefit, just remember that you always want to be in control of your body’s motions – never use momentum.
• Toe Touch Crunches – A simple and very effective move that targets the abdominal panel, hip flexors and hamstrings. Make this one harder by holding onto a weight as you reach upward, make it easier by bending your legs at the knees as you crunch skyward.
• Oblique Crunches – Propping up one foot on the opposite thigh & exhausting one side of the body at a time makes sure that you really thoroughly burn out those obliques muscles.
• Plank – Planks are another exercise that is notoriously total body. They also work to engage the transverse abdominals, the deepest of the abdominal muscles.
How many calories does Fitness Blender’s Flat Belly Workout burn?
We estimate that this ab & oblique workout burns between 5-8 calories a minute. That’s 110-176 total.
How to get a flat belly – it takes more than just exercise
If you are trying to get a slim stomach or a midsection that is very toned, it’s important to realize that it takes a lot more than just a bunch of crunches to get there. Here’s a quick rundown on what it takes.
Reach a healthy bodyweight & lower your body fat percentage
In order to get a toned stomach, you have to use a combination of strength training, cardio, and healthy eating in order to drop body fat. You can’t pick and choose one or two of those three variables – it truly takes all three.
Eat a clean, flat belly diet
Arguably the most important variable in having a toned and fat free belly is your diet. Eating “clean” and in moderation is crucial. You don’t need diet or altered “low fat” foods – in fact, we would recommend that you avoid those like the plague. We support diet concepts that are chalk full of fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts, whole grains, and lean protein. As much as possible, stay away from packaged, processed foods, and drink lots of water.
Good wholesome nutrition, regular strength training and cardio workouts, plenty of water, and high fiber foods are your best allies when you are trying to get a flat stomach.