Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Total Body Strength EMOMs

Good morning FB Family!

You have the opportunity to compete against yourself in today’s workout release:

Total Body Strength EMOMs

The EMOM (every minute on the minute) format is a great way for you to determine just how hard you want to push yourself during this total body strength-forward workout. Your goal is to complete 12 reps of each exercise within a minute’s time before the next minute begins, resting for however many seconds remain before the next minute-long interval. Each EMOM (of which there are three) includes three exercises repeated for three rounds for a total of nine minutes.

The EMOMs include a lower body, upper body, and core exercise. Before pressing play, set yourself up for success by previewing the exercises to think about your weight selections and have them at the ready. Challenge yourself to lift heavy (for you)! You will most likely move through your reps at a quicker pace than during a typical lifting workout; however, form is of utmost importance. Focus on mastering your form before increasing speed or weight. Make sure to review the write-up for a few tips on how to approach this workout based on your training preferences and goals.

I love including EMOM style strength training in my own training schedule. My personal goals include incrementally increasing my weights on all exercises across the board. To do so, my training incudes lifting at various tempos and following different training formats (in addition to traditional lifting workouts) to ensure progress without burnout. And mentally, it’s just fun and refreshing to include different formats in my routine!

I hope you enjoy this routine just as much as I enjoyed filming it! I wasn’t kidding around in those fire red pants. Oh, and there are also a few cardio intermissions in between EMOMs to spike your heartrate and add even more fun to the routine. Your main goal here is to fill the minute with movement and crack a smile every now and then.

See you on the screen!

-Tasha