Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: Vinyasa Yoga With Basic Inversion-Building

Are you ready to take your practice upside down?! Inversions and arm balances can look intimidating, but I invite you to embrace your fear and explore this new level of your practice with curiosity! 

Foundations to Fly: Vinyasa Yoga With Basic Inversion-Building Practice

Foundations To Fly offers a vinyasa designed to engage the primary muscles we will use in our peak pose: Crow. In my own practice, I have found that Crow is an excellent pose to start with, as it serves as a foundation to build many other inversions off of; plus, if you fall, you’re only an inch or two away from the ground :-)

In addition to learning the building blocks of Crow, we will safely explore falling out of Crow, and learn how to integrate Crow into your flow as well. I encourage everyone to work their edge; maybe that means if lifting one foot off the ground becomes too easy, try lifting both and playing there until that becomes easy. Your edge will look and feel different from the next person’s; your edge might even change moment to moment. I invite you to stay open and trust the process. 

Progress isn’t a perfectly linear line; there are continuous peaks and valleys, so flow with it :-) Thank you for sharing your practice with me and for carving out time for yourself to play on your mat! 

Marina