Perspiration Pals 2 May 2024

Hi there, Pals! Sorry for the late start, which of course is a matter of geographical location because maybe it’s early for you. The problem with ‘staycation’ is that you never really relax. I got up, worked out and I’ve been running errands ever since. The weather is still beautiful (so much for the weather forecast) so it’s been a good day so far. If it rains tomorrow, I’ll do nothing. I’ve just made myself laugh there.

Anyway, I started the day by doing a short but tough Tasha routine and I’ve realised that when I get enough sleep I can lift heavier. I still worked out on an empty stomach as usual but my stamina was a lot better. That’s hardly surprising, though. And I’ve just realised that I’m about to finish Abs 3 and I have no idea what to do next. Any ideas?

Moving on to our fact finder fragment, did you know that if you search for "askew" in Google, the content will tilt slightly to the right? Also, did you know that in ancient Greek, the word "idiot" meant anyone who wasn't a politician? Now it’s the other way round… Did you know that a fake prehistoric rock art of a caveman with a shopping trolley was hung on the walls of the British Museum by art prankster Banksy in 2005? Days went by before anyone noticed it. Bonus fact, did you know that cheese is the most stolen food in the world? Could this be true…?

All right, Pals, that’s it from me today and this week, let me show you the little beauty I got for my Mum (it’s Mother’s Day on Sunday). It’s called Lewisia. It survived the way home so it’ll be fine. Hopefully.