Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! 33 Minute Total Body Strength Training

Hello Fitness Blender Family! 

I hope you’re all doing well and ready for a new strength workout!

Total Body Strength Training Workout

This total body workout provides the opportunity to work your upper and lower body muscles in isolation, and together in combination total body strength moves. That means you’ll be able to focus on each muscle group by itself - a great chance to challenge those muscles by lifting heavy - and also benefit from the coordination and balance required to execute those combo moves. In addition, your core gets a great functional workout as it supports you through these exercises. 

I really enjoyed this workout. If you’ve ever worked out with me before, you know that I love strength training that ends up being a cardiovascular challenge as well. I really liked the ability to focus on each muscle group alone first, and then also having the chance to work them together - it’s an entirely different (and very dynamic) way to ask your brain and muscles to perform. 

Here’s the rough layout of this new workout:

Workout Structure
5 Minute Cardio Warm Up
6 Minute Lower Body Strength 
6 Minute Upper Body Strength 
6 Minute Total Body Strength
6 Minute Cool Down and Stretch

On a personal note, last week I finished our new 30 Day Challenge: Strength, HIIT, Mobility - I loved it. This week I'm starting into the Pilates 5 Day Challenge and then in June I'm going to jump into a series of our upcoming 10 day challenges (<-check out this post for a bunch of sneak peeks on what's coming). Lately I’ve been really favoring strength training, mobility work, and gentle cardio - plus yard/garden work! I feel like my exact focus is always evolving and I'm enjoying using our programs and challenges to keep my training fresh - not to mention that it helps a lot with my consistency when all I have to do is show up and hit play. What about you - what have you been focusing on lately? Did you try the new 30 Day Challenge or are you following along with another program right now? Do you tend to switch back and forth between main training styles or are you pretty consistent in your focus? As always, we are open to feedback and requests and do our best to deliver for you, so share your ideas on what you would like to see next!

I hope you enjoy this new workout. Make sure to drink some water and eat a healthy meal or hefty snack soon after you’re done, and most importantly, celebrate showing up for yourself! 

Thanks for working out with Fitness Blender,

Kelli